Hello, I'm Sarah-Lou ❥

I post about fashion, and general girly things!


Wednesday 22 May 2013

Claireabella bags!

I thought I'd begin by having a rant about these personalised cute mini-me bags seen on the arms of various celebs! Aren't they just adorable?
 
 
 
 

But at just short of £40 for a large JUTE bag, full well knowing it wouldn't stop there and I would then want a different themed one for every season, I have never given in and bought one just on pure principle! But I desperately want one of these cute beach bags for my hols. So, as I'm a bit of a creative person I have purchased all of the necessary bits & bobs to make my own instead, if you want to give this a go yourself all you need is:
  • A large plain jute bag
  • Acrylic (fabric) paint
  • The odd ribbon
  • Glitter
  • A pencil to sketch the outline
  • A few pieces of paper 
  • Strong glue or needle/thread
This is how I'm going to make it:
1) Firstly, sketch a draft on a piece of paper, this way you can decide exactly what you want on your bag and get some practice! You can always use the designs here Toxic Fox - Claireabella  to help you.
2) Place a few sheets of paper inside the bag to ensure that whilst painting no colours soak through and completely ruin the back of the bag. Remember jute material absorbs!
3) Sketch the outline of your design with pencil onto the front of the bag.
4) Go around your outline with black acrylic paint.
5) Let this dry before you finish painting the rest of the bag! You don't want smudges!
6) Once you have finished painting your design, let it dry again before sprinkling a thin layer of glitter on top - spray over the glitter areas with hairspray.
7) And finally, attach your bows - I would recommend using strong glue, but if you're good with a needle you can always sew them on!

And wahhh-lah! There you have your own mini-me jute bag!

And the best part is... once you have bought these items you can make as many as you want at a fraction of the cost and add your own personal touches!

I will keep you posted on how mine turns out,

Sarah-Lou xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment